Updated April 22, 2020
At VSC and VSCR, the health and safety of our staff, clients and furry patients are our top priority. In regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, VSC and VSCR is taking preventative measures with client protocols so that we can continue to offer our services to our local communities while keeping within the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
While the CDC states that pets are not threatened by COVID-19 at this time, we need to make sure that you as the pet owner are kept in good health for the overall wellbeing of your pets. We are doing our best to keep both our clients and pets safe during this time, so please help us out by adhering to our protocol.
Effective immediately and until further notice, clients who arrive at any of our VSC/ VSCR locations in Vienna, Leesburg or Winchester MUST abide by the following protocol:
1. If you are showing signs of illness associated with COVID-19 and/or feel sick, please stay at home and do not bring your pets in!
2. If you are unable to follow the new protocols for any reason, please call us to reschedule your appointment for when the guidelines are no longer in place.
Surgery/ Rehab Appointments
If you are coming in for a consult/ appointment for surgery or rehabilitation:
• Prior to your appointment, please make sure you fill out the Appointment Registration Form on our website: https://www.vscvets.com/surgery/preparing-your-appointment
You will not be able to be seen unless you fill this out in advance, as we are going completely paperless to further reduce contact for safety reasons (please call us if you need assistance with this and we will be happy to help you.)
• Please do not enter the building upon arrival to limit contact distances between pet owners and staff.
• When you arrive for your appointment, please call your pet’s designated location from the parking lot:
o Vienna Surgery: 703-242-6000
Located within The Hope Advanced Veterinary Center
140 Park Street, SE, Vienna, VA 22180
o Vienna Rehabilitation: 703-242-4743
124 Park Street, SE, Lower Level, Vienna, VA 22180
o Leesburg Surgery: 703-771-2100
Located within The Life Centre
165 Fort Evans Road, NE, Leesburg, VA 20176
o Leesburg Rehabilitation: 571-206-1340
134 Fort Evans Road, NE, Leesburg, VA 20176
o Winchester Surgery: 540-450-0177
210 Costello Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Please let us know which vehicle you are driving and remain inside your vehicle so that one of our staff members can come out to the parking lot and bring your pet in for an examination.
!!! If your pet needs special handling, please let us know in advance so that we’re aware !!!
• Please have your phone available so that one of our doctors and/or technicians can discuss your pet’s medical history with you over the phone, as well as to have you readily available to answer any further questions as necessary.
• Once your pet has been fully examined, the doctor will contact you via phone to go over their findings, recommendations and answer any questions that you may have.
Your call will then be transferred to a client service representative to discuss payment options. Please note that at this time, we are not accepting cash or check.
We have an online payment system set up for your convenience: https://www.vscvets.com/payment-options
Financing options are also available online through Care Credit and Wells Fargo.
• Please note that this is not a drop-off. We are asking clients to stay nearby the hospital and be prepared to pick up your pet as soon as the appointment is complete. You will be notified by phone when your pet is ready for pick up.
• All prescriptions will be called in to the pharmacy of your choice. All medications dispensed in-house will be brought out to you along with your pet once the evaluation is complete.
• If you are dropping off your pet for surgery, the protocol will be similar as stated above. Procedure estimate will be emailed to you in a digital form ahead of time.
o The deposit will also need to be paid prior to your pet’s drop-off at our facility via our online payment system listed above.
The CDC has a comprehensive webpage dedicated to the most up to date information about COVID-19 and animals: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
We understand that this will be a difficult transition period, but we are committed to the safety of everyone in our communities and want to do our part in reducing the spread of disease. We want to make sure that you and your pet are kept in good health and in good spirits, as well. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSC) and Veterinary Surgical Centers – Rehabilitation (VSCR)
As of March 30, 2020
Today, Governor Ralph Northam issued a temporary “stay at home” order for the state of Virginia. So you might be wondering, “What if my pet needs surgery and/ or rehab?”
The executive order that he signed states, “Individuals may leave their residences for the purpose of:
c. Taking care of other individuals, animals, or visiting the home of a family member”
YES, we are open. As of right now, we are still considered an essential business. Please give us a call at your preferred location and one of our awesome Client Service Representatives will help you out.